EHDanson Associates
Profile
EHD News
Portfolio
Services
Contact
Team



Caledonia County Courthouse
St. Johnsbury, Vermont

>Take a Photo Tour

This 6.5 million dollar project consists of the construction of a new 33,400 square foot, four story addition and extensive renovations to the existing two story 15,890 square foot Caledonia County Courthouse. This historic Italianate structure is prominently located at the intersection of Main Street and Eastern Avenue in St. Johnsbury, Vermont. Originally constructed in 1856, the brick masonry and wood framed structure is a prominent landmark. Therefore, careful consideration was given to ensure that the design of the new addition did not overpower the original courthouse. The design further meets the requirements of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Historic Preservation.

Developed in conjunction with the Vermont Department of State Buildings, this state-of-the-art facility is the first courthouse in Vermont designed to combine Superior, District, Family and Probate Courts in one structure.

Back to Portfolio






©2016 EHDanson AssociateS
 
1111